Riverdale High School first opened its doors to students on September 9, 1964, and so it will be celebrating its 50th Anniversary throughout the 2014-2015 school year. This anniversary year will culminate with a Reunion for former students and staff, which will take place on May 15, 16 and 17, 2015. Our Reunion Committee has been meeting regularly since September 2013 and we have been planning a series of memorable events for that weekend, including:
- A Jam Session on Friday evening in the Auditorium, featuring alumni and staff playing a cornucopia of audio delights.
- Friday evening dinners and social gatherings for specific grad years.
- A Cinq à Sept Reception on Saturday evening to honour Riverdale teachers and staff.
- The Big Saturday Night Party at the school, with music by Roxfield Point, as well as a Variety Show, lots of munchies and refreshments, and rooms for grad years where alumni can meet to share memories and catch up.
- A Sunday afternoon family BBQ, which will be held in conjunction with Riverdale High School’s annual Family Fun Day.
Our website, www.riverdale50reunion.com, provides you with opportunities to register for the big weekend, to find accommodation in the West Island area, to contact your Grad Year Coordinator, to check out photos that grads have been submitting, and to honour those grads who sadly have passed away since their graduation.
We look forward to seeing you and many of your old friends when you come to celebrate Riverdale’s 50th Anniversary.